The iBase Trinity hosting service can be used for publicly available picture libraries on the web, or for an organisation's internal media asset management and distribution requirements.
AWStats log file analyser is included free of charge. It's simpler to use than Google Analytics (which you can have as well) and provides completely unfiltered statistics.
Free Hosting for the first year
iBase Trinity Digital Asset Management can be hosted at our secure UK based data centre with up to 100GB and plenty of bandwidth free of charge for the first year. And don't worry if you need more storage space - we have a range of flexible hosting packages that can be easily bolted on.
Features of iBase Trinity hosting
- Robust and secure.
- iBase monitors all hosted sites once every 45 seconds, and if any site fails to respond within the control time over a period of 135 seconds an email and SMS alert are sent to appropriate iBase personnel for attention 24/7/365.
- High bandwidth ensures a fast and responsive experience for users.
- iBase's own web servers are installed in a secure data centre with uninterruptible power supplies and a standby generator.
- AWStats log file analyser is included free of charge.
- The web servers are clustered with automatic fail-over if a primary machine fails.
- All programs, data and digital assets images (images etc...) are backed up to tape every 24 hours.
- A robotic system rotates backup media daily from a pool of seven tapes.
Optional Amazon cloud hosting
We can also provide cloud hosting using Amazon Web Services (AWS). However, this is not included in the free first year hosting package noted above and would be costed separately, subject to additional specification. Please contact us if you would like further information.
Sites hosted by iBase Media Services and which have publicly available URLs include:
- Edinburgh City Libraries - Capital Collections
- International Rugby Board
- Paul Mellon, Richard Wilson Collection
- Bradford Museums Photo Library
- Royal Armouries Online Catalogues
- Aberdeen City Libraries - Silver City Vault
- Dumfries and Galloway - Through the Lens
- Glasgow City Libraries - Virtual Mitchell
- Georgetown University - Law Library
- Manchester Metropolitan University, Digital Images
- Shetland Museum and Archives Photo Library
- Glasgow City Libraries - Lipton Collection
- Kaz Europe
- Bradford Museums
- University College Dublin
- Arnott's Press Image Library
Trinity can be hosted in your own environment if you wish, here are details of the environment required.
Note: If you are non-technical it isn't necessary to read this page - iBase Media Services can handle all aspects of setting up your system, and will deal directly with I.T. Departments where required.
iBase Trinity supports MS SQL Server 2000 / 2005 / 2008 / 2012, and Oracle 10g.
Hardware requirements - suggested minimum specification
- Pentium 4 Xeon 3GHz or equivalent
- 2Gb RAM
- 20Gb spare RAID5 hard disk space (this does not include the space required for the image store)
- SVGA graphics card
Web server operating environment
- Windows Server 2003 / 2008 or Mac OS X 10.6
- Other components required will be supplied by iBase Media Services during installation.
Trinity supports Firefox - current versions, Safari 5.1+, Chrome - current versions and IE9+. Other browsers may be supported, please call for details.