iBase Trinity - digital asset management and multimedia online library
14. End user search interfaces
The main pages for end users are the thumbnail gallery and the item details pages.
Thumbnail galleries - are used to display all search returns.
If the item is not an image the thumb gallery will display a graphic of your choice representing the type of asset, for example video, audio, Word document, a PDF etc...
The user can select whether to display in 'Thumb View' or 'Detail View' - which has more text displayed with it. They can also select how many items are displayed on each page.
Forward and backward page navigation is available, and 'go to' a specified page number.
The default view - thumb or detail - and number of items per page are system configuration options.
Item details pages - clicking on a thumbnail displays an item details page.
If the item not an image, a graphic of your choice is displayed representing the type of asset, for example video, audio, Word document, a PDF etc...
This illustration shows the information and options available on an item details page. Note that everything is configurable - an option will not be included in the configuration if not required.
- - The metadata displayed can be any or all that is available.
- - The layout of the metadata is a system configurable option.
- - Subjects / keywords / tags can be displayed.
- - Related items - perhaps part of a collection or multiple views of a three dimensional object.
- - Fields embedded with HTML.
- - Display a larger image.
- - Select the item (for a lightbox, ordering etc...)
- - Email a link to the page.
- - Download the image or other asset file.