iBase Trinity - digital asset management and multimedia online library
18. Online ordering and E-commerce
Trinity has an extremely flexible ordering module, which can be tailored to your specific requirements. These may range from a simple "image request" system, through to full e-commerce, with credit card authorisation or on-account payment, and digital fulfilment. Order information can be exported for use within a third-party accounts or inventory system if required. Users also have full access to their order history.The basic elements available include -
- Shopping basket - a means of collecting images together, e.g. Shopping Basket, My Selections.
- E-mail request - the selects images and clicks a 'Purchase' button, which opens a window requesting the purchaser's details, then sends an e-mail listing the images required to the host organisation and copied to the purchaser. The host organisation fulfils the order in whichever way they choose. The request system is configurable.
- Pricing details- can be a simple text statement of a pricing structure, or a dynamic pricing structure customised to the vendor's requirements.
- Financial transactions - Some organisations prefer to send invoices to their customers, others like to offer on-line payments or indeed make it the only option.
- Order fulfilment by download - on completion of a financial transaction - whether using E-Commerce or administrator authorisation, download images of a higher resolution than are viewable on the web site. The storage location of these higher resolution images can be anywhere that is accessible from the Internet. If iBase Media Services are providing hosting they can also offer storage of these images.
Ordering and e-commerce configuration options.
A system manager can create as required -
- - Media types e.g. digital, print etc...
- - Media sizes e.g. digital file sizes, print sizes etc...
- - Types of use e.g. commercial, personal, educational etc...
- - Delivery options e.g. e-mail, download, mail etc...
- - A pricing structure for each of these options independently.
- - A separate tax code, or none, for every country.
This page - click for a larger version - shows two items in the shopping cart - one where payment will be required and another for which no payment will be required.
Note: iBase will only supply on-line financial transaction systems that use recognised and regulated suppliers of on-line banking. This might be a company such as NetBanx, Worldpay or PayPal, or it might be the organisation's own secure online trading system. The system provides a connection to an on-line banking supplier, and it is their secure system that accepts the price to pay from iBase Net, and whatever card and personal details are required from the purchaser. Thus the card and personal details required by the payment system are not held within iBase systems.