The iBase asset hosting service can be used for publicly available picture libraries on the web, or for an organisation's internal media asset management and distribution requirements.
Free Hosting for the first year
iBase Trinity Digital Asset Management can be hosted at our secure UK based data centre with up to 25GB and plenty of bandwidth free of charge for the first year. And don't worry if you need more storage space - we have a range of flexible hosting packages that can easily be bolted on.
Features of iBase hosting
- - Robust and secure.
- - High bandwidth ensures a fast and responsive experience for users.
- - iBase's own web servers are installed in a secure data centre with uninterruptible power supplies and a standby generator.
- - The web servers are dual clustered with automatic fail-over if a primary machine fails.
- - All programs, data and digital assets images (images etc...) are backed up to tape every 24 hours.
- - A robotic system rotates backup media daily from a pool of seven tapes.
- - iBase monitors all hosted sites once every 45 seconds, and if any site fails to respond within the control time over a period of 135 seconds an email and SMS alert are sent to appropriate iBase personnel for attention 24/7/365.
Optional Amazon cloud hosting
We can also provide cloud hosting using Amazon Web Services (AWS). However, this is not included in the free first year hosting package noted above and would be costed seperately, subject to additional specification. Please contact us using firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like further information.
We recommend using Google Analytics to monitor use of your site. Just set up your own Google account - it's free - and send us the code snippet that Google Analytics creates for you.
Sites hosted by iBase Media Services and which have publicly available URLs include:
- Edinburgh City Libraries - Capital Collections
- Bradford Museums Photo Library
- Royal Armouries Online Catalogues
- Aberdeen City Libraries - Silver City Vault
- Dumfries and Galloway - Through the Lens
- Glasgow City Libraries - Virtual Mitchell
- Georgetown University - Law Library
- Manchester Metropolitan University - Digital Images
- Shetland Museum and Archives Photo Library
- Glasgow City Libraries - Lipton Collection
- Kaz Europe
- Bradford Museums
- M62 Visual Communications
- University College Dublin
- Arnott's Press Image Library
If you are an existing customer, you can email to email@example.com to obtain a copy of our hosting agreement.
For further information about iBase products please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 1943 603636